Content Guidelines Introduction
WA HomeStay reserves the right to remove any content uploaded or otherwise added to this website by owners/hosts (as defined in our terms and conditions), guests (as defined in our terms and conditions) or any other user of our website, wahomestay.com.au (each a ‘user’) which does not adhere to the following guidelines. Removal of this content may be taken without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that WA HomeStay may have with regards to the posted comment or review
Reviews and subsequent comments:
- Only written by guests that have stayed at the reviewed property or by owners who have hosted the guests they are reviewing.
- Deal specifically with the accommodation or host’s stay
- Must be courteous and in no way to be considered vindictive, blasphemous, defamatory, harassing or otherwise contrary to law (criminal or civil) or public morality.
- Must not use profanity
- You agree not to make any comment (which includes a review), in a forum or other aspect of the website (including associated Facebook™ page and Twitter™ feeds), that may be considered vindictive, blasphemous, defamatory, harassing or otherwise contrary to law or public morality.
- You must not post links or attach any file as part of a comment made on the website without the prior approval of WA Homestay
- Must be in English
- Should not disclose the property address or charges and should not try and redirect business to another property/business.
The reviews and subsequent comments are subjective opinions. WA HomeStay in no way endorses any review or subsequent comment that is published on our website. The users accept and understand that WA Homestay does not moderate any forum or other aspect of the website where comments or reviews may be posted. As such, WA Homestay cannot verify the accuracy or otherwise of any posted comment or review (whether made by a Guest or Host).
Please contact us at email@example.com if you see any review or comment that does not adhere to the above guidelines. We take breaches seriously. We will investigate and remove the offending review/comment if we deem it to be in breach of the above guidelines.
To encourage repeat business, owner should ensure that the information in their listing:
- Accurately reflects their listed property, location, facilities, rates and availability.
- The property is registered with their local council and has approval for the number of guests advertised. Owners should ensure all other relevant laws are also complied with. Owner listings may not include:
- any profanity
- any comments deemed to be vindictive, blasphemous, defamatory, harassing or otherwise contrary to law (criminal or civil) or public morality
- links and/or comments to or about other businesses, websites, properties or directing guests to contact them directly.
- anything that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
A picture is worth a thousand words. Generate the most interest in your listing by uploading pictures of your home. Guests love to see the living and dining areas, kitchen, garden, bathrooms and bedrooms. Including some pictures of tourist attractions nearby can also help sell your listing to guests. To ensure your photos look amazing on our website, we ask that you follow the following guidelines:
Photos should not have any people, animals, text, website information, logos or watermarks on them. The more photos your guests can view, the better feel they will get for your property. We suggest you upload at least 5 photos on to our site. A maximum of 20 photos can be uploaded per listing. Photos should be in the following format:
- JPEG and PNG files
- Maximum photo size of 5MB
- Minimum photo dimensions 1350 x 830px
WA HomeStay reserves the right to remove photos that:
- Include any of the elements listed above (people/animals/text/website information/logos/watermarks)
- The user doesn’t have the intellectual property rights for
- Are defamatory, or otherwise contrary to law (criminal or civil) or public morality
- Are duplicates, collages or blank photos
- Don’t relate to your property or location.